Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Birds Eye Voila! Garlic Chicken vs. Homemade

First up Birds Eye Voila! Garlic Chicken:


This bag of precooked pasta is so easy to make. First you buy a package for about $6.00 or less depending on sale. Then you open it and put into a non-stick pan, which I do not own so I lightly oiled a regular pan, and heat for about 15 minutes depending on pan thickness. After that you serve and eat.


It comes out very good and the corn makes it slightly sweet. Good texture and so simple I thought I could have made it.

Next Homemade Garlic Chicken Pasta:



I used snap peas since I like them better than corn in food. My chicken was cut a big fat and was not as flavorful. The pasta and chicken had to be cooked 20 minutes earlier. The peas and broccoli were fresh frozen and I threw them into the final pan after the chicken and pasta were done. Sauce was soy sauce and light spices with a bit of flour for thickening. After about 10 minutes it was done.

While it was edible it was not as good as the bag food. Granted it was enough for six portions the price and time seemed to be more than just buying three bags of Birds Eye. About $12.00 for the homemade but the time and lack of great taste made it a waste.

I am not a chef in any term but recreating a simple pasta dinner should have been easier. I may try again but as long as Birds Eye offers coupons and free samples I will keep buying bags of meals until I get married :) .

Recommendation: Buy it if you can. Avoid making it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment