Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Starbucks Refreshers: Valencia Orange

Valencia Orange Starbucks VIA Refreshers™ if I want to be accurate is an instant drink that is not coffee. Although it has green coffee extract and some caffeine there is nothing coffee-like about it. I have seen these Starbucks Refreshers around and as the blazing summer heat came upon us I decided to see if this is better than iced coffee...it was not.



There three ways to get these Refreshers I chose the do it at home instant powder method. There are also Sparkling Refreshers in a can and having made at Starbucks by baristas. At five drinks for about $5.00 on sale I figured it has to be the cheapest option.


Kind of reminded me of crushed vitamin C pills or powdered candy. I followed the instructions and used 16 of cold water, added the powder, mixed well, then added ice.


It had an initially medicinal taste. After a bit of drinking that went away but it left an odd after taste. I also tried it in the blender and that just made it very bubbly and more medicine-like. On a cool day this was not going down well then on a 100 degree day it tasted much better, although at that point licking frozen chicken would have been fine.

I would not try these again or explore different flavors. I might try the canned version. They have 110% of you vitamin C and not much else. Old fashion orange juice is still better.

Recommendation: Avoid it for goodness sake.

8 comments:

  1. Starbucks juices are my favorite whenever you feel low these juices will definitely a great energy booster. There is one more drink green coffee which is one of my personal favorite so give it a try.

    Thanks
    Finn Felton

    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finn Felton I will try green coffee one day but for now I'm avoiding all types of coffee.

      Delete
    2. Hi Man,
      Is there any reason to avoid green coffee beans?

      Thanks
      Finn Felton

      Kopi Luwak

      Delete
    3. Is there any reason to avoid green coffee beans?


      If made properly no, but some people report stomach problems.

      Delete
    4. Well after searching the same question on internet i found that stomach problems occurs because of over drinking of green coffee which can cause acidity in stomach.

      Thanks
      Finn Felton

      Kopi Luwak

      Delete
    5. I personally never had a problem but I know a few people who avoid green coffee but I always tell them to try again maybe a milder blend.

      Delete
    6. Hi Man,
      Have you ever tried to know why people avoid green coffee.After reading about green coffee it was found that people with high blood pressure and dizziness must avoid green coffee bean.Thanks for replying how ever.

      Regards
      Finn Felton

      Kopi Luwak

      Delete
    7. Finn, In America green coffee has always been something to avoid. Roasted dark brown is traditional and green just seems unfinished. I have noticed that perception of green coffee is getting better.

      Hope your sales go well.

      Delete